City of Atlanta Names August 9th Atlanta Coworking Day
Atlanta is popularly known as “Hollywood of the South,” but it also has earned the title “Cowork Kingdom.” With such a massive workforce flocking to shared spaces, Councilmember Amir Farokhi of Atlanta’s District 2 generously agreed to sponsor a City of Atlanta proclamation naming Friday, August 9, 2019, as Atlanta Coworking Day.
This effort, led by the newly formed Atlanta Coworking Alliance, is a huge win for our independent coworking communities. All founding member spaces will celebrate the entire week—from Monday, August 5, through Friday, August 9—with a variety of public and member activities ranging from food trucks to chair massages. Most members also will offer 20% off the first month for new members.
Participating Alliance members:
- 3411 Coworking – 3411 Pierce Dr., #100, Chamblee, GA 30341
- Alkaloid Networks – 691 John Wesley Dobbs Ave. NE, Suite C, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Axis Replay – 112 Krog St. NE, Suite 10, Atlanta, GA 30307
- Constellations – 135 Auburn Ave. NE, 2nd Floor, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Decatur CoWorks – 708 Church St., Decatur, GA 30030
- Edwin Jarvis CoWork Club – 88 N Avondale Rd., Avondale Estates, GA 30002
With an estimated 1.08 million people expected to cowork by 2022, Atlanta is well-positioned to offer something for everyone. In fact, independent spaces have become so popular because they attract professionals with very specific checklists. Whether you need something in your neighborhood within walking distance, enjoy the comradery of a smaller space or are looking to collaborate with a tech crowd, you can find that in Atlanta.
During the week leading up to Atlanta Coworking Day, you’ll find it is a great time to visit the participating spaces near you. Take a tour, find a comfortable desk and work a while.
Most importantly (at least for the over-caffeinated crowd), test the coffee to ensure it suits your taste.