Preventing COVID19 At Work
The Purpose of these Guidelines
After many weeks of uncertainty, the government has been able to provide us with a cautious prospect for preventing COVID19 from spreading. It is time to start rebuilding our lives while keeping the virus in mind. The virus is not gone so I am asking you to take the following precautions to limit further spread or a new flare-up.
Since there are so many areas of consideration, I have prepared this document so you will have easy access to it in the event you have questions.
You will see two sections here: the first lists all the things I’m doing to make our community space safe with the second indicating the guidelines for you to follow upon your return.
Alkaloid Network Precautions
Extra Cleanings Scheduled
The cleaning crew will be coming in 3 times per week to clean. All common spaces each time with special attention to disinfecting high-touch areas. Offices and trash will be attended to on the weekends as before.
I will be going through the space each morning and cleaning all high-touch areas with disinfectant. This includes conference rooms, shared desks, coffee pots, door handles, banisters, light switches, faucets, cabinet handles, printers, etc.
These have been changed with higher quality filters to capture smaller particles.
There are two new air scrubbers that are located in each wing and operating 24/7.
The whole space was treated this week with a viral disinfectant.
Additional Air Treatment
I have placed additional ongoing air treatments in each conference room and throughout the common areas.
There are six new live plants throughout the space.
Tours and Events
There will be no tours available to non-members with an anticipated reinstatement date of May 18th.
All Alkaloid events will continue to be held virtually until further notice.
Dispensers will be located at the three exterior entrances.
Some chairs have been removed to encourage additional distancing.
Alkaloid Member Guidelines
- All members MUST wear a mask when entering, exiting or using any common spaces. You do not need to wear a mask while sitting at your desk. If you do not have a mask, I have a limited supply available.
- All members must wash their hands (or use hand sanitizer) immediately upon entering the space.
- Sitting at a safe social distance is one thing but please make sure you create a safe passage for others when using common spaces and/or entering or leaving the building.
- No handshakes, high-fives, or other physical contact. Wave, elbow bump, foot bump, thumbs up and so on will have to do for now.
- Keep six feet apart from other members.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue.
- If you are immune compromised or considered a high-risk to infection, I would ask that you continue to stay home.
- If you have any symptoms or have been around someone that has, I would ask that you continue to stay home.
- IF you must have visitors, it is expected that you will inform them of all guidelines for community usage.
- By taking precautions, there will only be 4 of the 8 shared desks available for all of May (perhaps longer).
- You can schedule 2 hours at a time. I’m not saying you can’t book a desk for the day, I’m just making the time slots manageable for the typical user. Please do not move the chairs from the location they are currently placed for maximum distancing.
- You can schedule shared desk usage here.
- There will a bottle of disinfectant and paper towels located in the area and I ask that you clean any desk after you use it.
- All the conference rooms are available.
- Wash your hands before and after going into any conference room.
- Some chairs have been removed and I ask that you limit the number of people in a room:
- Piedmont = 4 people maximum
- Candler = 3 people maximum
- Grant = 2 people maximum
- Freedom = 2 people maximum
- There will a bottle of disinfectant and paper towels located in each conference room and I ask that you clean any surfaces touched when you are finished in the room. This includes monitor, cables, power supplies, dry erase markers and erasers.
- Please leave the doors open to the conference room when you leave.
- Wash your hands before and after going to the break room.
- There will a bottle of disinfectant and paper towels located in each break room and I ask that you clean any surfaces touched when you are finished.
- Wash your hands before and after going to the bathroom.
All these things may change depending on conditions and if so, I will communicate promptly.
A special thank you to those of you that provided feedback through the survey.
Thank you for being a part of this generous and supportive community as we all work toward preventing COVID from spreading.