Setting Your Business Up for Success in Atlanta
Growing a small business can be a challenge, but with the right resources a community to connect with, you’ll set yourself up for success. Atlanta makes running a small business easier for entrepreneurs with the resources available here.
- The Small Business Development Center of Georgia offers incentives and resources to anyone starting a business, including free courses on setting up your new business.
- If your Georgia-based business is owned by a minority, woman, or veteran, there might be additional opportunities for you, if you certify your business as such.
- The Small Business Expo is on tour again, and coming through Atlanta in December 2021, offering workshops, networking, and other support for small businesses in the area.
- Atlanta has a few SCORE offices around town, to help support small businesses here. If you need a FREE mentor or want to check out a workshop, there are a few free offerings through SCORE.
- We’ve got the Alliance! The Atlanta Coworking Alliance brings together founders of independent coworking spaces in the region to share ideas and resources, with the goal of providing coworking exposure to the citizens of greater Atlanta. That means MORE resources and opportunities for small business owners in the area.
- Atlanta is also the home of Alkaloid Networks, located on Atlanta’s beautiful Eastside Beltline. We’re right in the middle of one of the city’s fastest growing areas, which features tons of community space and several programs geared toward economic development. Alkaloid also offers tons of resources and tools for our coworking members — from conference rooms to locally roasted coffee to workshops. We’re are far more than just desks!
Starting and growing a small business isn’t for the faint of heart, but can be seriously fulfilling when you have the right community around you. That makes Atlanta one of the best places to be when it comes to entrepreneurship.